Sunday 23 September 2007

Rhino Insertion

I just got over the worst experience of pain and physical torture in my life! It started on Thursday evening. I went to Orpington folk club with my mate Brian Bruce, I was going to make my performance debut there so I brought my guitar with me. When we got there, I was sitting tuning up when Steve Jennings said "there's blood on you're guitar" I noticed that my nose was bleeding! It wouldn't stop so Brian kindly drove me all the way back home again. Now I was coughing up blood clots as well, so an ambulance took me to Lewisham hospital where they performed bi-lateral rhino insertion, which involved shoving these two long things right up both nostrils as far as the can go and by golly it hurt! Then the worst was to come, they inflated them while they were in! This is supposed to stop the bleeding. The kept these rhinos in for 48 hours! that meant total pain and no sleep. I'm out of hospital now but have to take things easy to keep the blood pressure down. Other than that ha ha! I enjoyed last wednesday at the Tudor Barn. Sion's last song was excellent - can't remember the title but I will ask him to do it again soon.

No comments: