Sunday 26 August 2007

John Barden at The Good Intent, Rochester


Myself and Dave Kenningham went down to sunny Rochester yesterday. We had heard a rumour that the great John Barden was hosting a session there. We arrived at about 1.30pm and stayed till 6.45pm. It was a very enjoyable afternoon in the company of Tone Deaf Leopard, Shirt Murderer, Growler, JB himself and various other kindred spirits. Dave was spoilt for choice as there were about 20 different real ales on offer from various kentish micro breweries. Me being a phillistine opted for a few cold pints of Fosters! I then even managed to pluck up the courage to do a few numbers myself. I enjoyed it so much that I'm going back again today - there is talk of the talented Richard Bridge making an appearance and I don't want to miss the dulcet tones of his mandolin! I will report back later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.