Saturday 11 August 2007

Friday Folk


Blimey I'm falling apart my leg is dodgey and I've put my back out, it's agony! Anyway I managed to get down to Orpington Friday folk last night. Thanks to Kevin for giving me a lift home! Kevin does some wonderful original material such as his spoken ragishtimey one about the 2nd world war pilots "coming home to mum" a term they used when returning to blighty after engaging in perilous action behind enemy lines. I also enjoy Kevin's self penned songs about his English childhood trips to the coast and down to Devon with his mum and dad, a world that seems a million years away from this mad multicultural, greed driven, moble phone orientated criminal hell that we have to endure today. Keep it up Kev!

It's always good to see Peter & Marion. What a great singer Peter is. He always manages to pick some great mate
rial to sing, my favourite being " Now I'm Easy"

Another great performer is Robin. I first saw Robin at The Change Of Horses about a year ago. He never ceases to amaze me with the scope of material he performs from traditional folk to current pop songs. I love his introductions
to his songs, always very informative, I suppose that comes from Robin being a teacher! I'm glad to hear that he is now a resident at friday folk. So if you're at a loose end on a Friday get down to the Orpington liberal club and grab some of the action.

It's only 25 days to go to Knockholt! can't wait to get the ol' tent up again. Debbie has found a new wood supplier - Oooooh I can feel the warmth of the campfire now!

See yer all at The Tudor Barn on Wednesday.

No comments: