Sunday 8 April 2007

Last Night

I went down to The Woodman in Lee Green last night. The Monty Club was closed and I fancied a pint or three. I had heard that Colin was playing with another bloke who played slide guitar. I met Bill as soon as I went in "Hello Woodsie" he said. This is still a dodgy pub and I won't be returning in a hurry.

Colin and the other bloke call themselves "Short & Curly" The weren't bad. I certainly don't miss the erratic plink plinking of guitars that was the core sound of his previous outfit; "Roger, Codger & Dodger" This is a more controlled professional sound. There were guest spots from Dave Kenningham, who performed "Ride On" just for a change! and my old mate Bill who made us all endure that awful crap "Coward Of The County" It's handy being able to catch the 178 bus from outside straight home!

No comments: