Sunday 22 April 2007

Clancy's

Well I went to Clancy's last night. It was good to see Sue, Annie, Debbie, Pat and a few others there. I thought that the pub lacked that a warm welcoming atmosphere, that we had at the Duke of Edinburgh and sometimes at the Guildford. They were using a rock band's PA equipment and it sounds bloody awful. I felt so sorry for Fiddlestix who were playing their hearts out on their first set - I looked around and the only other person paying attention to them was Sue! People were just chatting, shouting and seemed to have not one iota of interest in the performers. I think that an acoustic sing-around can't be beaten for pub sessions. However the layout of this place is not really condusive to that. If they reduce the amount of PA equipment to maybe a small amp and mike this would improve the whole ambience.

No comments: