Saturday 23 October 2010

Nicest Song Ever

Ain't No Never Not None No never No Sunshine When You're Gone By the great Bill Withers!

What a song this is! It gets me thinking about the universe and the meaning of life Bill knows I'm sure - he even says so in this song "... I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know!"

Total brilliance!!!

3 comments:

John said...

Oh dear. Dissing the Withers. That's head on a spike stuff where I come from. Not one of his most contentful songs it has to be said, but intense. Just don't start on 'use me' or 'who is he and what is he to you' otherwise I might have to consider getting you expelled from the golf club.

IanKR said...

Agreed - about this song. Bill Withers is one of those names - like Lorne Green and Lou Rawls - that you can have a bit of fun with.

Mick Woods said...

Sorry John I must have hit the wrong keys when I was drunk - I have now corrected the post!