Monday 22 June 2009

Blob From Shanghai

Got back from Knockholt on Saturday morning knackered. Not sure if I am fit enough anymore to endure 3 or 4 days in a field drinking beer! Anyway when I got back I lay there on my bed and turned on the TV. There was a movie on called The Lady From Shanghai, I vaguely remember seeing the last 15 or so minutes of this film about 30 years ago and being impressed by the pschedelic/surreal sequence at a closed fun fair. I thought then, that I must see the complete film at the next opportunity, I soon forgot all about it. Anyway, all these years later I finally decided to watch it. Well what can I say, that Orsen Welles bloke is a genius. The movie site IMDB say that this film is great but flawed! They are talking through their bottoms - it is a brilliant film and I urge anyone who appreciates good movies to see it.

On a completely different subject, I came across a strange phenomenon the other day called Quantum Lyman-Alpha Blobs - these are pulsating blobs of plama/matter about 8 quadzillion miles across and they are like huge jellyfish wandering around our universe zipping in and out of reality eating galaxies for breakfast. I looked through my telesope last night and saw one with it's hungry eye on me!

No comments: