Sunday 27 May 2007

Clancy's


I went to Clancy's last night It was not a bad night, a huge improvement on the sound - well done Pat!

David Kenningham (pictured on the right) was on top form with a version of Stephen Stills "Love The One You're With" and a moving rendition of one of Jackson Browne's songs, the name of which escapes me. It's got a line about "blood on the wire"

Well done Dave - I don't know where the local scene would be without you so don't lose heart and keep on exploring new territory with your enviable guitar playing and emotional stage presence!

I shuddered when I spotted Tommy "Bap-Bap" Walshe standing at the bar , I quickly looked the other way, but too late. He came over; "Micky Woods" he shouted in his Belfast brogue. "Where's your guitar!" he pulled out his trumpet mouthpiece and squeeked "prrrp prrp!"

I was feeling quite tired and couldn't face a whole night of his constant bullshit so I let at about 10pm.

People that I saw there were: Dave K Pat & Debbie O, Richard P, George, Ken & Sheila, Jim Radford, Keith Ferris and a few more. They could have done with an audience, the rest of the pub was almost empty.

Anyway, no work tomorrow, so it's The Monty Club tonight.

No comments: