Saturday 14 June 2008

Brighton

I went to Brighton for a couple of days for a work meeting. We were staying at the Grand Hotel which is supposed to be the best hotel in Brighton. It's the one that the IRA bombed when the Tory party were there, in the early 80s I remember seeing Norman Tebbit being rescued from beneath a load of rubble! Anyway at £190 a night and £7.20 a pint - I don't think much of the place. Crappy analogue TV with only 5 channels (not including news & sport) only a small bath - no walk in shower. Even though in the restaurant there were only a handful of people and we had pre-booked. We had to wait 1 hour 15 mins from placing our order to getting served our starters. The waiters were a strange bunch who gave me the creeps. When the main course eventually turned up it was rubbish. The rest of my group went for a kebab afterwards! The whole place was drab and dusky rip off run by a cold indifferent workforce - I wouldn't stay there again even if I won the lottery!

No comments: